Artificial Intelligence cannot replace your job or disrupt your business – people using it most certainly will.
I was what most people would describe as a complete failure once upon a time. A failed startup, a dead in the water career, terrible outcomes at university, social and family circles keeping a distance and the list goes on. God however decided to give me a second chance. I’ve had some experiences and turning points which even I find hard to believe at times.
I still fail often but in a way that builds up, I’ve had a few successes and a boatload of experiences. I did not enjoy all of them TBH, but they all come together perfectly and nothing really went to waste.
- Bootstrapped a startup out of college, crashed and burned. Made up my mind never to work in startups again
- Worked in an academic institution (college) but realized this is not my cup of tea – I need to be as far away as possible
- Managed a team of technical writers and wrote docs for tech products – missed hacking code and building stuff myself
- Worked in support – handled customer escalations and product customizations
- Worked as a developer, built products for WordPress. REALLY loved doing this. Had a fantastic boss and CTO whom I learn a lot from
- Started building mobile apps alongside and later promoted to manage a small team
- Moved on and managed larger engineering teams of web, mobile and cloud developers – this company later got acquired
- Started a freelance consulting career that somewhat exploded in a good way
- Back to startups but this time with super low risk in the services space, the freelance consulting evolved into a company – this time it did reasonably well
- Back to building products in a startup around AI and consulting around AI. Its come a full circle – when will I ever learn ?
I’ve been working in startups building products and working remotely long before it was cool or socially acceptable. My parents actually thought I was gaming or gambling or something fishy till I was able to show them some results.
These days I hardly have any free time – my family, close friends and Rio my dog keep me occupied. Thanks for reading so far and shoot me a message in case you want to hear more.